rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

The Frequent Traveller Thread - Perks, points, and deals for beginners and experts

At the suggestion of a well-known and admired forum poster, I'm starting this thread to provide and share advice on how to get the most out of traveling the world on a "budget."

All of us travel on a budget (well, the vast majority of us). The actual budget just varies. I tend to find myself on the slightly higher side of that budget range, typically when I'm traveling for work or with my gal, or sometimes on more of a budget, when I'm traveling alone for pleasure (though I sometimes will splurge a bit for this as well). Many of you might find yourself at the lower side of the range, but that doesn't mean you can't find value. It might just take a bit more work.

The background I have, besides being an attorney, is as a movie producer. The job of a movie producer resembles arranging and booking and travel in one crucial way - you want it to seem a lot more expensive that what you actually paid, whether its on the screen for a producer, or in the class of your flight, the perks of your stay, the view from your hotel, etc.

So in any event, this thread will address how to get more out of your travel, and hopefully we can include some deals on travel that are available to those of us lucky enough to be on the move. All of this hopefully can be geared to the interests of the forum, and destinations that people find enticing.

Just to give you a sense of what's at stake here, I'll fly soon from NYC to HK round trip business class for $1800 (which would be a normally coach seat price, if not more). Normally that trip is close to $4000 on the airline I'm flying, Cathay Pacific. I recently stayed in Bangkok for $30 per night off Sumkivit in the Sheraton for $30 per night. I've already aggregated hundreds of thousands of points, and the typical cost of a roundtrip ticket from the US to Europe in coach is as low as 40,000 miles (Dublin) or 50,000 miles (UK). You can being to see the value of figuring out how to make these numbers add up, because it results in savings or a greatly improved travel experience.

Feel free to add your questions, as well as insights in achieving these objectives.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread