rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don't be a hero

Don't be a hero

Here is something I still do that screws me over every single time. There are two basic paradigms through which a women view men: The Lover and The Provider. The lover is the guy she goes to for sex and fun, the provider is the guy she goes to for everything else including fixing her problems. I always start out as The Lover because that's my MO (Method of Operation). But then the girl will start telling me about her problems which in some cases I could easily fix and then I will try to be a "hero" and fix her problems. Well, guess what happens then? The moment I start down that road, I am no longer a lover and start to become a provider! And her view and treatment of me changes.

Don't make the mistake of trying to be a hero. Don't buy into the crap you see on TV. Leave the hero stuff to the providers. A girl doesn't like mixing her men, it confuses her. Do you like to see your sex kitten washing dishes? No, you want to be able to maintain that fun, sexy image of her and with women it's the same. They want to maintain a certain image of their lover and that image is a sexual and fun guy. If you start discussing her problems with her guess what? Her problems are not fun! You are only going to break her mood and her image of you. Just let her talk about whatever however much she wants and leave it at that. Don't get into any details.

She is coming to you to get away from her problems not for you to fix them.

The moment you start trying to fix a girl's problems, any problem, you will cross the line from Lover to Provider. Now, I am not saying never help her but make her ask you for help and she is only going to do it as a last resort. Her car breaks down. She is going to call her boyfriend first and if he's not around then she may call you.

I cannot tell you how many times I have fucked up a good thing by trying to be fucking hero. You have to decided what role you are going to play in a woman's life and stick to your fucking role so you don't confuse her. If you are going to be a lover then be a lover and be a lover 100% of the time. And a Lover is not the hero, the Provider is!

Messages In This Thread