rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Groom divorces bride on wedding night after receiving nude pics from her ex lover

Groom divorces bride on wedding night after receiving nude pics from her ex lover

^ Khun yaak dtai mai?!

Actually, I always said it with a different pronoun that sounds something like "Mueng" instead of "Khun."

I think "mueng" is a really impolite way to address someone, but not entirely sure. It could just be from Chiang Mai dialect too. I saw a guy say this phrase in a Thai movie one time while holding a gun to some monk's head, and I started hollering it at my Thai friends when we were drinking, and it always got a laugh.

That was the first (and only) time I ever said it to someone in a serious manner. There's almost nothing worse you can say to a Thai; you'd be better off calling them a water buffalo (which you should never do).

Of course, asking someone if they want to die in any culture is probably a bad idea, but in American culture, people often say "I'm going to kill you, etc" when they're just exchanging fighting words. In Thai culture, even making a joke about death is super taboo because they're so suspicious. So a threat like that is way overboard.

Fortunately for me, the guy in question was a coward and probably didn't have a lot of power.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread