rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook ran psych experiment to make us all organ donors

Facebook ran psych experiment to make us all organ donors

Facebook... even more evil than previously thought:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/fa...-perform-a

Quote:Quote:

According to the study, Facebook manipulated the News Feeds of 689,003 users to study whether online emotions can be contagious. For a week, some users were shown posts in News Feed containing a higher number of positive words, others were shown posts with more negative sentiments.

Okay... I guess that's not too bad... manipulative, but... wait, then this:

Influenced in part by conversations over dinner with his med-student girlfriend (now his wife), Zuckerberg decided that he should use social influence within Facebook to increase organ donor registrations. Users were given an opportunity to click a box on their Timeline pages to signal that they were registered donors, which triggered a notification to their friends. The new feature started a cascade of social pressure, and organ donor enrollment increased by a factor of 23 across 44 states.

Yup... his ugly med student wife got beta zuck to make more people organ donors. Good to know what they see human beings as.

But hey, it's legal:

While nobody likes being emotionally manipulated, part of the outrage seems to be due to the fact that Facebook is technically in the right, here. When you sign up for Facebook, you are, in fact, offering up your consent to have your data and profiles used in these kinds of experiments. And as the study notes, since Facebook’s data team used machine analysis to surface the positive and negative posts, it didn’t breach Facebook’s privacy policy.

I was considering returning to facebook when I have something to promote, but now I'm not so sure. They get weirder every day.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

Messages In This Thread