rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Poor Women Don't wait for Marriage (Atlantic)

Poor Women Don't wait for Marriage (Atlantic)

Written by a well off woman who does not understand what it is to be poor. The reasons why a poor woman in america does not get married have nothing to do with personality traits, but economics.

1. In America, it is a financial detriment for a poor single woman to get married and a huge bonus for her to have a child out of wedlock. Bear with me for two examples

a) Latonya, who makes $25k/year has a child outside of marriage. Here are the gifts she now gets for being a low income single mother: low income housing eligibility, a much larger earned income tax credit, food stamps, free healthcare for her and her child, subsidized daycare, education grants and a state that will chase down the father for child support because she is on these programs. Its my job to do that math on this stuff and those benefits are equivalent to what someone making $46 to 50k per year would purchase out of pocket and have the same net disposable income as Latonya with her bastard child.

b) Lets say Latonya gets married and her husband makes $35k and she stays at home to raise their 1 child together. Guess what programs they are eligible for now? None. A few hundred dollars of EITC but none of the other things because Latonya chooses to stay at home. If she went to work her income would just go to child care. Furthermore, they would have less disposable income as there are 3 people that need to live off of that income and Latonya has to deal with another adult in her life vs. banging whomever she feels like after her baby goes to sleep.

So, in summary, a poor married woman has less freedom and less income than a single woman with a child out of wedlock in america, THAT is why they don't get married. Also, these people aren't dumb, they know what the benefits are and they know how to work them. My friend's own section 8 properties and the single mom's that live there will go out and work a few weeks of the year and then quit so they can get just enough earned income to qualify for housing, a big EITC bonus and food stamps. If they don't work at all they get nothing, but if they work too much they lose it.

If there was no government incentive for these women I guarantee they would be getting married as just a means for survival.

Edit: The whole 'college degree men, don't want to marry college-less women' is also just a lie to make career women feel better. If you can find a girl that hasn't gone to college, but also isn't mouth breathing, 4-loko drinking criminal she will be, young and less indoctrinated about women's rights and likely have some domestic skills as she has left high school and lived on her own without daddy's college fund. My most enjoyable relationships have been with women who did not have a college education or went as mature students.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread