rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

George Will article related to campus rape hysteria and other hypersensitivities

George Will article related to campus rape hysteria and other hypersensitivities

Basil, I understand his point, but to be honest I don't even know how valid it is. Are "universities" -- meaning, their administrations etc -- really finding the experience all that "excruciating"? What is the evidence that academia is particularly unhappy about any of this? They may grumble about this or that bureaucratic inconvenience, but on the whole they seem eager to comply with these increasingly insane requirements in the name of "protecting women from sexual assault".

I don't believe for a moment that the people who run these institutions regard "academic autonomy" as some sacred value that should trump feminist or progressive ideology in any serious context. Maybe there are a few dinosaurs who feel this way; but the boomers and Xers who run the show are, for the most part, hungry to fall in line.

Of course if they start seeing significantly diminished donations from rich alums as a result of this, they might come around to a very different view of the situation. But I don't see that happening so far. So long as the funds keep flowing, they will be happy as the pigs they are.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Messages In This Thread