rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manhattan man turns his apartment into a classic video game arcade, loses fiancée in

Manhattan man turns his apartment into a classic video game arcade, loses fiancée in

It's possible that I missed it, but I didn't see a link to the original story. Here it is.

Not much else to say, beyond the fact that he was inspired to it by a sci-fi book called "Ready Player One", and that outside of his odd tastes in 80s stuff he seems to have his shit together:
"He’s fit and outgoing. He's a senior vice president at a global public relations firm. He helped engineer the release of Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" in 2008 through a Dr Pepper promotion."

Oh, and he has ninja turtle bedsheets, which is kind of hilarious:
[Image: arcade3f-9-web.jpg?enlarged]

So what is there to say about this? Honestly, it's a little strange, but as hobbies go its harmless enough, and his fiancee is probably going to regret her decision. Women will gladly stay with a guy who's a drunk, and addict, or who beats her, but ninja turtle bedsheets are beyond the pale? I could understand if he was an unemployed loser, but if he's a senior VP at a big PR firm, he's undoubtedly got loads of money and at least some kind of alpha personality. (An omega wouldn't have a fiancee in the first place, and your average beta would never have the guts to risk losing his girlfriend over something he wanted. All she'd have to do is tell him to put the toys away, and he'd say, "Yes, dear," and that would be the end of that.)

So he's now what, 37? Single and rich, with a flattering piece about him in the daily newspaper (and his contact info at the bottom, of course). He'll be bedding some geek girl in no time. Assuming the woman's about his age, she's past her prime, past her peak fertility, and is very unlikely to do as well with her next relationship. There's a good chance that her future includes cats.

Messages In This Thread