rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Teens Are Becoming Even Wimpier Than Before

American Teens Are Becoming Even Wimpier Than Before

Quote: (05-29-2014 06:46 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Indeed, but that's also my point: if all betas suddenly stopped giving attention to women, you or me would be the first to jump in to reap the spoils, jump-starting the process again. It's an endless cycle.

Giving attention is currently unprofitable for men, which means more and more men will over time realize this and start withdrawing attention. At this point, when giving attention becomes profitable, people will start jumping in, and it will by its nature spin out of control until it becomes unprofitable again. And so on and so on.

Blame the game, not the player (or beta).

You're correct in the particulars. The difference between the players and betas is that the betas dole out attention far beyond the point at which it is advantageous. It's like watering your lawn after it's already water-logged. The player is like a real estate investor who knows when the price is too high and quits looking to buy. At that point, he looks to other assets, like bonds or stocks, to invest his money.

Remember that doling out attention is not free - it requires expending time, time that could be spent in pursuing girls in more effective ways or on other activities altogether. While the cost of a man doling out attention to women is getting cheaper by the day, thanks to mass communication technologies, I'd contend that the Net Pussy Value of these attention-giving mechanisms is under zero, indicating that betas are throwing so much energy into it that it's counter-productive.

So I would say it is NOT a tragedy of the commons, because betas still experience personal costs from what they're doing, even if they're not aware of it. In a real tragedy of the commons, you're still personally benefitting while devaluing the commons.

Messages In This Thread