rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss

How to get laid on okcupid like a boss

Quote: (03-27-2011 03:41 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Online game doesn't improve your actual game. It can net you dates, which is a plus, but, for the enourmous time investment Kid Strangelove seems to have invested into this (hundreds of copy/pastes... updating the profile four times a day... countless hours of experimentation) Real Game will get you more lays and quality prospects in the long run.

If, however, you know a way to run online game without having to become an internet junkie, let me know. I'm thinking about trying a few ideas of my own online but we'll see what happens.

Strangelove gives some pretty good tips, some of which I've been running for some time myself. I don't do all of the updating or mass emails, so I think I probably spend a lot less time with pretty decent results.

Once your profile is up and tweaked to perfection, there is very little time invested. I typically message about 10 girls a week but mostly let them come to me (average between 5-10 first contacts per week). I spend 5 min average skimming their profiles for topics of interest and send a copy/paste message slightly tweaked for each one. I have about 3 different witty emails I'll send based on their profile interests:

*Travel (compare extensive traveling experiences around the country and abroad; talk about future trips)
*Outdoor Activities (mention my marathon running, kayaking, skydiving interests; or some random event going on in the next few months -- i.e. Obstacle Course Races, 10k, Hiking Trips, Boot Camp -- piquing her interest with extremes)
*Cooking (convey my superior skill, poke fun at something they mentioned, etc.)

Cold approaching online yields me a response about 25% of the time but only about 20% of those (5% total) turn into dates. Not the greatest odds, but then again when you have the volume it doesn't matter. I've found that once a girl has decided she's interested in you and initiated the first contact message, my date probability is close to 33% -- a BIG difference.

From girls I meet online (ages 22-29), I average about 2.5 dates a month (30/yr). That might not sound like a lot but I run it alongside my normal game and it helps me fill up my week. If I were putting more time into it or solely running online game, I'd probably see it as a waste. Since early last year, I stopped doing dinner/coffee dates and stick to [drinks only] or [fun activity + drinks] (i.e. cheap bowling, pool, karaoke). Dinner or coffee dates turned out to be a huge waste of time and/or cash. I found out very fast that the girls who rarely drink were not the type to put out on date 1 or 2; thus making it easier for me to filter out more women and save me time/money. Most of the girls I end up meeting are recent college grads or semi-successful mid 20s women -- not always the most exciting, but usually more willing to put out during their "valuable free time."

My f-close rate last year with online chicks was about 25% (or 8 notches last year), which I don't think is all that bad considering FB/LTR potential. I think the caliber of women tends to be higher since you can filter out any suspected fatties and uglies very quickly without wasting much time. I smash about 20% of first dates and 50% of second dates. As a rule I almost always cut contact off after two strikes.

My f-close percentage only continues to improve, and I don't see online dating dying out anytime soon... might as well use it as an alternative avenue for banging chicks if you're at least considering it. The key is getting them to come to you with the smallest investment possible. I push for a date by the second or third message (2-5 days) before cutting off contact.

Sign up for a few of the best "free" sites out there (i.e. okcupid, plentyoffish) and you don't need to spend more than an hour a week online to browse/respond. None of the other sites I've tried out there come anywhere close in terms of quality/quantity. The key is a profile that stands out (content/pictures). It should be short and funny, less is more.

I've been running "online game" for a few years and yes, it's taken a long time to figure out what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't expect incredible results if you are just starting out. There is a significant initial investment of time and energy -- but that learning curve is much shorter if you can learn tips and tricks from someone else. It's either your bag or it's not, you'll find out quickly.

Quote:Quote:

Also online game is valuable if your job involves a computer, as for example you can do "online approaches" while waiting for a document to be printed.

Agreed. ^

Edit: Flake percentage is about 20% -- may do a formal report on this topic.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Messages In This Thread