rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Russia Thread

The Russia Thread

Here's my initial impressions (disclaimer: subject to change):

-There are tons of similarities between Ukraine and Russia. Coming here with a Ukraine working knowledge has been very helpful to get started. There have been a couple surprises, but not many. I'm a bit disappointed that they are so similar because it doesn't feel like I'm in a completely new country. Many things are familiar to me.

-Russian girls are way less skeptical of my background (in spite of my Middle Eastern appearance). In Ukraine, a girl will immediately ask "Where are your parents from?" after telling her I'm from the States. I'd be accused of being Turkish as if on trial. In Russia, only one girl has even asked about my ethnicity. Also, I was concerned that girls would think I'm from the Caucuses, but this has yet to happen, so my appearance here is more favorable than in Ukraine, and one girl said I was a "beautiful" man. One guy questioned my background, but after seeing my passport, which I always carry at night, he bought me a drink. I feel more welcome in Russia than Ukraine, and can't say I have experienced prejudice yet.

-There is a slight American god factor. I guess that's a spoiler than I'm not in Moscow. I've had interactions suddenly lift in energy when telling a girl I'm from Washington, but unless she has a sincere interest in wanting to get to know me, it will only be a short term boost. Nonetheless, it's still cool to get such positive reactions just by stating where I'm from.

-Russian girls like beards more than Ukrainian. Girls are stroking my beard like I'm a Persian cat. In Ukraine that never happens. One girl said, "Strong men have beards." I can safely keep a longer beard here. I'm very pleased at this development.

-I have not been face controlled (yet) even though I'm going out alone. I suit up when I go out so maybe that's a factor.

-Russian girls are more fun, sensual, and seductive at night than Ukrainian. These girls really know how to party and let loose. They are friendly and want to have a good time. I also noticed that are incredibly touchy feely, sort of like Brazilian girls (maybe even more so). But as I learned, this should not be confused with strong interest.

-Russian girls get drunk at the club. This is not good for me because my game is more conversational where I try to seek out a real connection. Drunk girls are hard to corral and also have short attention spans. My personality is not loose enough to do well with heavily intoxicated girls in the clubs, especially since I don't drink that much.

-Day game in Russia and Ukraine is close to identical for me so far. There is a aloof vibe when starting and also a directness if you go for the close and she doesn't want to (they will simply say "Thanks but I don't want to meet you again"). I've done less than 10 day approaches but I can't say the vibe is much different. At night the vibe is way looser and more friendly, though going out alone is not that fun. I really need a wingman. [Image: sad.gif]

-Girls are much prettier at night. During the day you don't see an overwhelming amount of pretty girls, but at night, it's... amazing. Last night I was in a club with so many beautiful girls that I was frozen for about 30 minutes. This blows away everywhere else but Ukraine. It's pretty clear to me now that if you want beauty, Ukraine and Russia has the highest concentration.

-Girls are polite. They give me a chance when I open, even when they don't like me. They're much nicer than Ukrainian girls. I have not once encountered a rude girl who treated me coldly, even when I approached a half-naked club dancer girl. This is so refreshing after my month in DC where girls (who were much uglier) treated me like dirt for no reason.

-Russian language ability is pretty much required. I have met one girl who was conversational in English so far out of about 20 total approaches. Many girls can understand English, however, if you speak slowly. English is so rare that I wouldn't recommend anyone come to my current city unless you are an upper beginner. I think I take for granted that I can more or less communicate with girls in Russian. This could be a reason for the generally positive responses I get.

-Club girls are extractive. I got tricked twice into buying drinks for girls. They were learning experiences, but girls here are more skilled at extraction than Ukrainian. This isn't to be confused with "scamming" like in Latvia, where a girl will lead you to a scam bar or outright rob you. Here, the girls will use you for attention or drinks if you let them. Their acting ability is strong (they pretend to like you when really they have ulterior motives).

-Entertainment is very expensive. Clubs are not cheap at all, just like in Ukraine. Taxi rides, cover charges, and drinks add up very quickly. On Saturday night I spent $120 without really trying. Coffee shops are also expensive. I really don't understand how these people can afford it based on their income level.

I want to give a shout-out to Slubu's Russia thread. His experiences closely match my own so it has been a great starting point for me. He did a lot of groundwork in understanding Russian women in night environments and I hope to add to this in the upcoming weeks.

Messages In This Thread