rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama to sign executive order on equal pay

Obama to sign executive order on equal pay

This is an executive order. That means it will only apply to federal employees, not all businesses nationwide.

Thank god.

Quote: (04-07-2014 11:02 PM)tawillionaire Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2014 09:19 PM)lurker Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2014 09:15 PM)JohnyBoi95 Wrote:  

This pay gap issue really boggles my mind, Are we as men really being payed more for doing the same work as women?

This whole concept of the wage gap is quite new to me (feminism is non existent where I come from)

No. In fact, if you're younger than 35 or so, women your age are making 8 to 10 percent more than you for the same jobs.

What are those same jobs though? Secretary? Public relations? HR manager? I'd like to see a study that shows your average female stockbroker making 10% more than your average male stockbroker. Just the thought of that seems ridiculous to me.

The way I see this is that employers will be more likely to hire men for certain jobs if they're forced to pay us the same. As everyone reading this forum knows, men are better at logic and problem solving than women. That naturally puts us at an advantage in certain areas of expertise (computer programming, sales, physical labor, etc). If there's equal pay, then the better person is going to get the job, period. That's competition and that's the type of thing that should be encouraged.

I see no problem with this.

Unfortunately, it won't mean less women get hired, because federal agencies probably are mandated to hire a certain amount of women.

But now, the secretary will make as much as the guy doing the actual work.

The only way to cover the wage hike for women will be with more debt and taxes, since taxes are what fund federal agencies.

All in all, this is just another nail in America's coffin. More debt and taxes are never a good thing.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Messages In This Thread