rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Broadway desperate to sell tickets to uninterested men

Broadway desperate to sell tickets to uninterested men

Plays and musicals have been targeted to women and gay men for as long as I can remember. I don't think this was always the case; but it certainly is now.
I was moderately involved in drama in high school, and I have a soft spot for good plays; hell, my namesake is from Goethe's Faust.

I would love to go see a play of Faust. Hell, I would travel to New York to see it. Even the first part. (It's in two parts, and the second runs a little long.) I don't know if any of you guys have ever read it, but it's this amazing story about corruption, redemption, duty, knowledge, and all kinds of other themes that would appeal to men. But I can't even find a DVD of the play, let alone a performance of it.

And hell, if Faust is too old, there must be other things like that, right? Something that would be thought-provoking, or moving, or at least of some moderate interest to a guy in his late 20s with disposable income. But if I go to look at the top Broadway shows, this is what I see.

Wicked: A remake of a children's film.
The Lion King: A remake of a children's film.
The Book of Mormon: Some weird Mormon-bashing shit from the South Park people. It features "an after-show discussion of religion," that I'm sure is the height of philosophical sophistication. I grew out of South Park by the time I was a sophomore in college, as did everybody else I know.
Matilida: A remake of a children's film.
Aladdin: A remake of a children's film.
Beautiful: The Carol King Musical: What the fuck is a Carol King?

Messages In This Thread