rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

First night out since studying red pill - GOT 2 NUMBERS!!! Any advice?

First night out since studying red pill - GOT 2 NUMBERS!!! Any advice?

If anyone wants to see my beta backstory, it's pretty sad but you can check it out here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-34397.html

I had a busy day and wasn't in the mood to go out last night. My plan was to go see the new Ahnold movie by myself and then call it a night. Then I decided to have one drink beforehand at the bar where I use to work.

This usually goes one of two ways; my old friends are there either working or drinking and I own the place, or it's weird, off and annoying, and then I'm pissed at myself for not having the balls to hit on any chicks and filling myself with empty calories for nothing.

Last night happened to be a night that a lot of my friends and a lot of chicks were there, so I got treated like a king, which makes me look cool. I thought, ok… The night seems to be giving me a little advantage here. Let's just roll with it a little and see what transpires.

Something was different this time though. This was my first night going out since I started my daily regimen of reading, exercising and meditating. I felt cool, calm and collected, as opposed to nervous or sexually frustrated. The key was not giving a fuck. If it was lame I was just gonna go see my movie and go home.

Right off the bat people were hugging me and buying me drinks so it put me in an energetic mood. At moments I wandered around by myself and just soaked in the setting.

My buddy from down south who works there (let's call him Mike) randomly introduced me to this lovely 22 year-old waitress on duty who I've always wanted to talk to. We'll call her Emily because she looks like Emily Blunt - very natural next door neighbor type. Every time she ended up near me I chatted it up with her.

She started to seem interested, asking questions in an engaging way. She told me it was going to be her last week there and I asked if I could give her a call sometime. She said "Yeah, definitely! Mike has my number." So I got those digits and haven't texted her as of yet.

I was also hanging near the bar with Mike by this cute very petite girl with glasses. Slightly nerdy (not in a bad way) with a very tight little body. I'll call her Natalie. She was by a plate of stale looking corn muffins, so I offered her one and teased her a little just to make her laugh. Turned out Mike knew her a bit and introduced us as well (I think Mike's my new best friend lol).

I asked her what she was drinking and she pointed to Mike's pitcher of bud light. I made a face, which made her laugh again, and asked if I could get her a real drink. She said she'd been trying to get the bartender to come over. I was like, "I got you sweetheart." I got the bartender over immediately with a simple nod and gesture. I don't know how everything was going so smooth.

She was waiting for her girl friend to show up and eat with her. I saved their seats while she went to the bathroom, which she really appreciated. Then I got pulled away in some other directions, before we had a real chance to talk. I figured I'd let her eat with her friend and then maybe re-approach later, because I still really wanted Emily Blunt's number and hadn't accomplished that yet.

I saw an alpha dude hitting on Natalie towards the end, which would normally annoy me but I could've cared less. I kind of laughed about it in my head. Then as she and her friend were leaving around bar time, they went out of their way to talk to me on the way out.

She said, "You seem pretty famous around here." I don't remember exactly how I responded by everything still felt miraculously smooth. Then she said hopefully they'll see me there again.

Then I broke the first alpha rule of the night, and instead of asking her for her number, I said, "Cool, let me give you my card so you can call me sometime." And I handed it to Natalie. I know it wasn't exactly the way to go, but as I was stumbling back home I got the following text:

NATALIE: Wait a minute. They kept calling you Mike at the bar but your card says *****. What's your real name?

Before I go any further I just want to ask that you Alpha guys cut me a little slack on my texting skills. I know wordy texts are the enemy. But I'm brand new to this so don't get too upset with me lol. AND I was drunk at this point (my tolerance has gone down a bit). It's going to sound very beta. Just warning…

ME: It's ***** [Image: smile.gif] Lets grab a drink sometime.

ME: Mike's the southern guy.

ME: This Natalie right?

Then I thought to myself; 3 texts (at the same time)… Yup I just fucked that one up. Oh well… But then…

NATALIE: Southern?? Why does he sound Australian?!??! LOL. I don't drink much to be honest. And yes… This is Natalie [Image: smile.gif]

(around 2 hours later)

ME: Haha he might be an Aussie who knows. I don't drink much either. We can grab a root beer float or something [Image: wink.gif]

(today around 11am)

NATALIE: I think something would be better. Hope you're having a pleasant day [Image: smile.gif]

Haven't replied yet. Love to get thoughts from anyone. Should I send just one post-meeting text to emily blunt; "Hey Emily it's Mike's friend *****. This is my number. Say hi to *****" (the name of her unusual pet she told me about). Or something like that, or should I wait a day or two? Or do I need the post meeting text before she forgets about me?

And I'm assuming I shouldn't reply to Natalie today, right? Normally I'd be like - "Cool, no root beer [Image: wink.gif]" or something lame like that. But I should just hit her up in a few days right?

I'll review the newbie texting threads and related articles, but feel free to chime in. The advice on here has been great so far.

Thanks!

-EpicBeta (soon to be alpha[Image: wink.gif] )

Messages In This Thread