rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Asian women, gender roles

Asian women, gender roles

Quote: (03-16-2014 10:06 AM)nogamenick Wrote:  

Met them over in my hometown in The Netherlands. But these were all girls who stayed inside very "asian social circles". Also raised in very asian ways as their parents had to make it here by themselves. I managed to get into these social circles and it has paid off so far. What you said makes sense. I might be able to grasp this concept someday.So far it confuses me to no end

It sounds like you see pretty well. Are you trying to grasp why a woman would choose that path? If so, I think it's because they have been mislead by western culture that to be an "independent" woman who calls the shots and doesn't need anyone, is the answer of how to have being. It's not a concious decision on their part so much as an unconcious one thrust upon them by the zeitgeist.

Why is the current zeitgeist this way? I don't know, it would be like knowing why God allows children to be born Autistic. It's been said, in the end, everything is supposed to be the way it is to allow us to "wake up" and gain knowledge about ourselves, life, the universe, God, or whatever one wants to call it.

That said, it doesn't mean that us men have to subscribe to modern, western, gender roles. There are the "betas" that do, and there are many stories of how they have paid dearly for doing so.

Keep in mind though there has always been a war between the sexes going on since the dawn of time. Men want the woman to subscribe to the masculine view of reality (logic, reason, identity, principles/ideals, the other-worldy) while women want men to subscribe to the feminine view (intuition, feelings, equality, mercy, the worldly)

So even in a perfect Asian type family, while the woman may be submissive, it wouldn't surprise me if she were wise enough to know how to turn her husband's head in the direction she wants it to be. She will certainly try, but in a good way I'm sure.

Even when the Father says the child can't have desert because he didn't get an A on an important test, and the wife pleads to let him because he tried his hardest and still passed. There is really a war here going on between the Masculine and Feminine views of how the world should be.

True love I guess. [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread