rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Time for a new lifestyle approach: Living in my van, working for myself

Time for a new lifestyle approach: Living in my van, working for myself

Quote: (03-12-2014 12:23 AM)CaP7 Wrote:  

As someone who has lived out of a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2004 GMC Explorer Conversion van for extended periods, you need to think a little harder about the VW. It's very conspicuous to sleep out of it. If you close the curtains and park it near someone's house, the cops will show up.

Make your life easier and take the necessary steps to blend in to society. You can live the hippie life, but don't get hung up on hippie style.

Can you tell me more about your adventures?

In New Orleans I have off street parking for it and if I go on any weekend trips Ill use 'camper friendly' spots like the beach to rock up.

I have also been studying the art of being incognito. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (03-12-2014 01:57 AM)germanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2014 05:49 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

As is this vehicle has less then 40k miles and has been garaged most of its life. It is a stepping stone vehicle to move towards the nomadic lifestyle.

The newest VW camper should be around 25 by now.

If its mint and really has 40k miles, sell it to collector and use the extra cash to pimp out your new van.

Its got around 35k and only one owner since new. All parts are original too except for a retro fitted sound system which I don't mind.

It should be able to turn a profit as long as doesn't experience a mechanical meltdown.

Messages In This Thread