rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Uganda's New Anti-Gay Law signed by President

Uganda's New Anti-Gay Law signed by President

^^^ Djemba Djemba

Very interesting take. I agree that these sort of issues are often raised to pull the wool over peoples eyes. And you choose the issue that will pull it down the furthest.

I didn't know that the conservatives in Canada had such strong immigrant support, but thinking about it it is not really surprising. I remember when living in Vancouver that a lot of white liberals were complaining that the new Chinese immigrants were not behaving as they wished them too. They were too conservative, both economically and socially, what with starting businesses and working hard rather than trying desperately to get a government job, and living in extended families rather than in hippy communes.

I guess when I posed my question I was thinking mostly about the US, where I really do think that more than 50% of black people have no true political home. A socially or economically conservative black American really can't be represented by the Democratic party in that country, and it appears that it is near impossible to be a "Black Republican". a white person can easily choose between the two.

I not only agree that the current "gay rights" obsession in the West is of little or no consequence to heterosexual people, but I also think it is of barely any more consequence to gay and lesbian people. In fact I think "political" homosexuality is actually bad news for them in the long term. Sometimes it's better to fly under the radar, rather than have your issues aired for all to see. The problem with gay issues being used for political purposes is that no matter how sure you are that your view is the "right" view there will be around an equal number of people who have the opposite view. Even if you think your side calls the shots now things always change and tomorrow the "other" side is calling the shots and is upset you were used against them previously. Much better to not get involved at all if you can help it. Exposing yourself for stupid stuff like complaining about non-existing bias in laws half a world away in Russia, for example. Just madness.

Messages In This Thread