rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio Datasheet 2014 (by GoodfellaGood)

Rio Datasheet 2014 (by GoodfellaGood)

Rio de Janeiro data Sheet

BANGS:
I banged 4 girls in the 6 weeks I was here: 2 Brazilians, one of whom became my regular, and 2 tourists.

LIVING:
The best option is to rent your own apartment if that is within your budget. Stay in Ipanema if you can afford it, or Copcabana or Botafogo if you cannot. It has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum that you should avoid staying in Copacabana: I disagree. For me it has the right balance of a decent price, it's on the beach and girls had no problem coming meeting me here.

GAMING:
I did a mixture of daygame, nightgame and online.

Online:
I met my regular through online (Tinder). I also met another 5 or so other girls through Tinder that were all a waste of time due to looks or weird personalities (Tinder users seem to tend towards being internet addicts in my limited experience. Anyone else feel like this?). Without good

Portuguese, the Tinder experience is a little difficult also. You will usually meet the girl and a few of her friends somewhere initially (often on the beach). It's a little difficult to run things and not get completely lost with their Portuguese conversations. After a week or so I dropped all online / Tinder effors - the payoff just wasn't there.

Daygame:
I really liked daygaming on Ipanema beach. Unfortunately I found it quite hard to convince other people to do it with me (and I don't really like daygaming alone), so I did less than I would have liked. But my experiences were largely positive: girls opened easily and were normally interested in having a conversation.

Nightgame:
My least favourite thing about Rio is the fact that you have to pay your tab WHEN YOU'RE LEAVING from all Rio's clubs / late night establishments.

This is an extra barrier to trying to pull ONS here. I had one ONS and one SDL here but they were both from tourists. Brazilian girls don't seem to ONS so easily, and this messed up payment system doesn't help your causes. I tried pulling girls from clubs (quite agressively) on my last few nights out and it just didn't seem like it was ever going to go down.

My feeling is that in order to pull of a ONS with a Brazilian girl here, you need to have a solid wing and target a two set that you can bring outside somehwere for food and then separate after food. Interestingly, my Brazilian friend here told me that having a car here is a huge bonus: one of you is designated driver and drops off the other two first and then brings his girl home to bang. Without some sort of setup like this, it just
doesn't seem to me like the regular Brazilian girl is easy to ONS.

(Sidenote: Are there any posts of ONS in Rio on this forum? I'd love to read the breakdown of getting the girls out of the club, and separated if anyone is willing to share!)

VENUES:
Lapa: Street is a lot of fun but quality can be very hit and miss. Rio Scenarium was ok the night I visited, but full of tourists from other parts of Brazil and further afield. Tourists from other parts of Brazil are not worth the effort imo: too much fear of getting separated from their friends in 'dangerous' Rio. International longer-term tourists ARE worth chasing here imo and are some of the best ONS prospects. I dipped into that pool a little but it wasn't the main focus of my efforts.

Dune Bug: A fun little bar in Copa that draws a decent crowd on the weekend. Definitely worth a look.

Shenanigans: There's something a little wierd about this place that I can't quite explain. Too small, too expensive and the girls in here just don't feel quite normal. Not really worth the visit.

Emporio: Reasonably grim the time I got there (~2am) but I imagine if you got there about 12/1 and were willing to sacrifice on standards a little, it could be ok. Very backpackery crowd though which I'm not really that interested in these days.

Lord Jim: Went and looked in from the outside.... looked like the kind of place your parents would go for a walk on the wild side. Skip.

Bukowskis: Big rock bar in Botafogo, quite fun but the quality of girls in there wasn't so high.

Casa da Matriz: Like a smaller, and slightly less classy version of Bukowskis (in Botafogo also). Fun environment but quality is a notch lower than Bukowskis.

Baixo de Gávea:
Good quality but quite hard to open, probably because there are a lot of upper class brasileiras here and it's a place where people come to hang out with their friends rather than trying to mingle too much.

ZeroZero:
The entry is pretty expensive, but the patio area of the club is one of the few places where I found it quite easy to open upper class Brazilian girls. The rediculous line to pay to leave won't help you with ONS but this is definitely a place to create leads.

Portuguese:
The most important thing you can do to boost your chances is get some decent Portuguese under your belt. Study for a minimum of two weeks if your trip allows, but 4 weeks would be even better.

Nuthe:
This club is in Barra, one of the richest parts of town. Club felt very social-circle, most people there in big groups. I didn't really enjoy it.

Great things about Rio:
* Depending on where you live you can walk everywhere during the daytime - in Ipanema / Copa there's enough in terms of beaches, girls, bars, restaurants to not have to move too far.
* It looks beautiful: go up to any of the high parts of the city (Dois Irmãos particularly recommended) for a spectacular view.
* Aside from accommodation, you can live cheaply if you really try: eat supermarket food, drink beers on the beach, go to sambas, beach parties or street drinking in Lapa at night (all night buses running) and you can make your funds stretch.
* Pretty much every girl I dated offered / insisted to pay her share. Sometimes I let them, sometimes I paid and she paid the next time. But the fact they always offered was nice.

GENERAL ANNOYANCES:
* Fat middle aged women who won't move an inch in an effort of compromise when walking down the street
* Trying to buy anything: by the time you've bought it you'll regret the fact that you decided to buy it. There's always a queue and it always takes ages. For groceries, shop in Zona Sul supermarket if you can: the slightly higher price is well worth not having to stand in line for 30 minutes in my book.
* Getting a chope (draught beer) that's one quarter foam
* Mal-educadas (litteraly: impolite girls) - usually the fat, ugly friend of a girl you're trying to game. Will be really noisy and forceful in her opinions, can be very hard to listen to!
* Hearing the word 'longe' (pronounced laun-jee) in response to the question "Where are you from?" - it means the girl your talking to probably lives over an hour-and-a-half out of town by public transport..... that's gonna be a barrier for your Day 2.
* Having to pay when you are LEAVING a club... did I mention this one..?

WHEN TO COME:
I think the winter period, between new years and carnival is probably the best time to come. You don't have to pay the superbly crazy rental prices
of new years and carnival, yet there's still loads of parties happening every week and it's perfect beach weather so there's always plenty of hot girls there.

MY FINAL OPINION:
I like Rio de Janeiro. It's a very fun place, people like to enjoy themselves, and there's always a lot going on to prevent you from getting bored. Safety in Copa / Ipanema / Botafogo is not really a huge issue anymore. Girls are not as easy as the reputation of Brazil suggests, by a long stretch. Most aren't looking for ONS and most are keen on something longer term, which detracts a little from the fun-factor of nighttime here. I feel like the payoff of having a really good setup here would be huge: if you had an apartment in Ipanema, a car, very good Portuguese and were in a good social circle of locals I feel like you could really kill it here, more than most places. Is it worth all that effort....? I'm undecided right now.

(To the forum mods: I read the post where it says not to post a new thread on Rio, but the last Datasheet listed there is from 2012 and it doesn't seem like people have been adding detailed Datasheets on the back of others, so I decided to make a new post. If I have erred, let me know and I'll post where you request![Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread