rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shenzhen Data Sheet

Shenzhen Data Sheet

Hey VP…
I'd say that GZ and Shenzhen have some similarities, though GZ has a huge population based of Cantonese people (Guangdong ren) whereas SZ is really a city populated by people from elsewhere. No doubt the factory working population in GZ comes from all over China, but in SZ, there isn't a central cultural identity that is Cantonese, whereas in GZ there is. Most people speak Cantonese getting around in GZ, and you'll actually be thought of negatively by many if you try to converse in Mandarain. I wouldn't base in GZ if one of your primary goals is to learn pu tong hua (Mandarin).

I do think that both places have inexpensive accommodations, but being so close to HK, anywhere remotely close to a border crossing in SZ has risen in price unless its an absolute shithole. GZ is frankly enormous, and I won't claim to know too much about it, but variability comes with that. Also (and especially during the pre-Xmas fall factory blitz) the air is quite shitty in many cities, GZ being one of the worst in the south (I think Changsha in Hunan has really bad smog too). Shenzhen might have some cloudy days, but its basically much cleaner air-wise than GZ.

I'm not sure I have enough data points for Hanoi, which I've visited twice for a total of perhaps 9-10 days. I did more of a standard tourist thing, museums and dining experience. I went on a few dates, but I don't know that I'd really be adding to the discussion. One potential negative (in my opinion) about Hanoi is that at least certain parts of it are overrun with backpacker tourists. I like Hanoi but I think that I might have been better off checking out some beach cities - I was chasing a girl (friend) in particularly in Hanoi, and wasted a lot of time there - nice girl, no progress.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Messages In This Thread