rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bought a One Way Ticket To Manila...

Bought a One Way Ticket To Manila...

So I have been wanting to return to Asia for over 2 years and that for me, is an eternity! Today, at work, I spent the majority of the day not doing any work, pretending to be working but while looking and searching on my phone for tickets to Asia. Didn't find anything satisfactorily until I came home tonight. Went on Expedia and for the sake of it, searched for a 1 way just for the heck to it. I'd always dreamed of buying a one way to Asia or South America or Eastern Europe but never had the guts to actually doing it despite having travelled extensively. So I entered the dates for early April and what happened next was simply to hard to refuse: A one way ticket from Boretown to Manila for only 648 bucks for early April! I had to double check to make sure it was not a typo, and when I got the confirmation, booked it 2 minutes later.

Now, I have 2.5 months to make it happen. By that, I mean, rebuilding another biz online that would allow me to stay there for an indefinite amount of time. This time, not making the same mistakes of last time around in BKK, which was over partying and little to no work whatsoever. I'll simply have to stop goofing around and just put in the hours at night and weekends to start from almost scratch and get rolling.

Some questions:
- how is Philippines Airlines for international trans Pacific flights? I only flew with them on my initial trip from BKK to Cebu via MNL and they were decent, but that was a relatively short trip compared to almost 19 hours in the air with them.
- should I buy a cheap outgoing flight from MNL on say Air Asia to cover my ass in case they give me any hard time before embarking on the plane or upon landing in MNL?
- How's the weather there from April on? I realize it's their summer, when is the rainy/typhoon season and which areas are best to avoid during the typhoon season?

I want to spend a good chunk of my time in Davao and explore there for biz and lifestyle and use it as a base for the next few months. Am I making a mistake in choosing Davao as opposed to Manila? Or even Cebu? I wasn't impressed with Cebu in my 3 weeks there 3 years ago.

I'll use that thread to document my time there. Needless to say, anyone who will be there, let me know and we'll go have drinks and hunting together.

Pilipinas, Here I come!!!![Image: banana.gif]

Messages In This Thread