rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Program Of Humanistic Development

A Program Of Humanistic Development

Quote: (01-12-2014 12:44 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

So, when I say "humanistic" program for learning, I am trying to suggest a learning roadmap that would have the approval of the great scholars of old.

I'm going to play "devils advocate" here:

Your program is designed so that it would "have the approval of the great scholars of old".

Those guys are dead. Who cares if they approve or not?

We live in a new world with a new set of problems. I feel that seeking the "approval" of dead men is limiting. They know nothing of the technology that is vital to our lives, they know nothing of the modern financial markets, they know nothing about the modern empowered woman, etc. I say we need a more modern program.

Also, your program is called "humanistic" but it seems to be only for men.

Do you have a program to develop women also? This is just as important since women raise the children and need to be instructed on how to raise boys vs raising girls.

My main point is this..

Everyone needs to learn different things based on their unique situation.

I don't think we can create one program for all men. I think each man needs a program that is custom designed for him.

I don't like the idea of educating every man in the exact same way. I think that would create a lot of "group think" and basically give everyone the same world view.

Just like every man must learn game in his own way, I think every man must learn about the world in his own way.

I'm not trying to challenge you on a personal level. I just like a little gentlemanly intellectual recreation on Sundays.

I feel like Robin Williams in the "Dead Poets Society"!

Messages In This Thread