rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

About to Finish College...Advice on how to kickstart an awesome lifestyle for my 20's

I've tried to distill the below to get my points and questions across as efficiently as possible. Basically I'm a soon-to-be college grad who needs some direction from you older, wiser folk about how to set my self up for life success and happiness.

I'm a 19 yr old college student in Los Angeles studying Applied Mathematics. Spent my whole life in Southern California and can't wait to get out of here. I am on track to graduate in December 2014 without any loans or debt. My parents also are willing to pay for any additional 'official education' I pursue after undergrad.

The safe route that I have the option of taking: As far as my Asian stability-loving parents know, I am on track to becoming an actuary (person who does risk management for insurance companies). A 9-5 corporate job, decent pay, great job security, would be able to live comfortably though not lavishly in any large American city. I am set to do an internship in this field near Chicago next summer.

BUT........ The adventurous, driven side of me tells me to explore much more. Every time I read the 'Travel' sub-forum I get so inspired to travel the world and live in different places for a year or so at a time. I read posts from guys like youngmobileglobal and Mixx, and it's almost like living my dreams vicariously through them. I want to experience different cultures. I want play with girls from all around the world. I want to look back on my 20's and have many memories of all the crazy shit I pulled off.

My practical assets: my mind is well-suited for logical, analytical work like math and programming. I'd also consider myself a decent writer. I've worked at two startups so I'm somewhat familiar with the grind mentality of entrepreneurs, but never started anything of my own. I have the skills to coach pretty high-level tennis players - was ranked top 10 nationally in the past for my age group. Also, if it matters at all, I'm 6'0 155 lbs (need to bulk up...) and good looking (so I've been told anyway by girls who hooked up with me despite my mediocre game).

So I'm really at a crossroads whether to take the safe route or try to 'go big' with the mobile online entrepreneur global player route. The latter seems way sexier to me, but I'm just afraid that I won't be able to sustain that sort of lifestyle.

My questions: What would you do if you were in my position? Why? I have a year left of college to decide what direction to move toward and to start taking huge action to get there! I'm excited but also very anxious...things are finally starting to get REAL.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to adding value to these forums in years to come.

-thisisastage

Messages In This Thread