rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lindy West has become too fat to fly

Lindy West has become too fat to fly

My Christmas miracle has arrived!!! I just experienced much joy and mirth as I read Lindy West's personal account of being too fat to fit in an airplane seat.

http://jezebel.com/heres-what-it-feels-l...1488750726
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/z2TRF6z.jpg

Quote:Quote:

This year, for the first time ever, I got on a plane and discovered that I didn't fit in the seat. I've always been fat, but I was the fat person that still mostly fit. I mean, I couldn't fit into clothes (MORE TUNICS PATTERNED LIKE A PARISIAN SUITCASE, PLEASE), and I had to be careful with butt safety (I'll take the chair side, not the banquette, thanks), but I was still the kind of fat person who could move through the straight-size world without causing too many ripples. Until this fall.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

Not fitting in an airplane seat is a warning to most people that it may be time to lose weight, but it's clear to Lindy that the seats must be getting smaller!!

People's butts might be getting bigger, sure, but it's a certainty that seats are getting smaller. I fit in every other chair. (Some people don't. That's fine too. Those are good bodies too. Those people deserve respect and accommodations too, without caveats.)

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

[Image: hamster2.gif]

[Image: malehamster.gif]

[Image: facepalm3.gif]

What follows is some deranged fat acceptance nonsense:

I'm sure some fat people are fat by their own hand, without any underlying medical conditions, but a lot of other fat people are fat because they're sick or disabled. And unless you're checking every human being's bloodwork before they pull up Kayak.com, you do not know which fat people are which. Which means, inevitably, if you think fat people are "the problem" (and not, say, airlines hoping to squeeze out an extra $200 million a year in revenue, or consumers who want cheap airline tickets without sacrificing amenities), you are penalizing a significant number of human beings emotionally and financially for a disease or disability that already complicates their lives. To me, ethically, that's fucked up.

It's the airlines fault that she's fat!

[Image: powerclean.gif]

I'm telling you this right now not to get sympathy or pity, or even to change your opinion about how airplanes should accommodate larger passengers. I'm just telling you, human to human, that life is complicated and fat people are trying to live. Same as you. Regardless of your stance on the "obesity epidemic," these things are objectively true: Airplane seats are too small. They're too small for everyone except for small people. It's bad. Passengers are going fucking nuts. And, sorry, it's not my responsibility to fix it.

More like Jabba to human..

That guy next to me didn't call me fat to my face. I don't even know if that's what was bothering him,

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Having to sit next to a disgusting 300 lb woman... why would that bother anyone?

She's even getting some heat in the comments..

[Image: KFdD9QY.png]

[Image: clap.gif]

Messages In This Thread