rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Plants won’t grow near Wi-Fi Router

Plants won’t grow near Wi-Fi Router

Quote: (12-17-2013 12:35 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't buy it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but why would your cellphone be emitting radiation if you are not using it(e.g. while sleep)? From what I understand, if you're not actively talking on it, it's not sending out much energy. It's in receive mode and listening for signals from the cell tower, not sending energy the way it would if you were making a call. I can't conceive of how having it near your desk at night near where you sleep would be responsible for making you groggy the next day. I'm sure there are a bunch of other explanations for their lack of concentration.

As for the plants, I'd like to see that repeated in an actual lab. It just doesn't pass the smell test. Wifi signals just like radio/tv signals are non-ionizing radiation. There's no reason they should have any effect on plant growth.

Edit--

Does anyone else notice a trend in the last few years of the media hyping up the scientific "achievement" of some teenage girl or group of girls? I know there's this big push to get girls into science and I think the media is grasping at anything they can to make science less "sexist".

First of all, let us Americans notice that you don't have to be a dykey butch with short hair to make a difference as girl. Kudos to these girls for actually looking like girls.

Speakeasy-

Because cel phones are constantly pinging. They send out signals even when the screen isn't on. They are constantly checking to see if any thing is new.

Avoid putting them to your head for long periods of time.

I saw this earlier today as well.

The cellphone thing is so new, that we don't really know the long term effects of it.

The fact that these girls were able to show how powerful it is with such a simple experiment is proof of how dangerous they might actually be.

Of course, phone companies don't want you to know about it.

Truth is that the experiment is so simple, and you can you easily get those plants, that if you don't believe them, you can go and do the experiment for yourself.

Messages In This Thread