rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prediction - Conclusion

Prediction - Conclusion

It isn't expensive mate, places like Magaluf, Kavos etc are frequented every summer by lower class Brits. Haha we have a big welfare state, but 'jobseekers allowance' is about £280 a month, so not enough to pay for a holiday. These cost probably anywhere from £300 to £600 per person for flight and hotel. Spending money for a week, lets say £500. So if they're working in a call centre on say £1000 after tax each month, they've only got to save a month or so. Some of lads might be plumbers and other trades (which I'm not knocking)/manual labourers where they'll be making more than that.

I've just plucked those figures from the first package holiday site I went on, it may be cheaper if you dig around a bit more. I went to Magaluf when I was 18...9 years ago, I didn't enjoy it really. I just went because it was something people just 'did'. A 'lads holiday'. I would never go to a place like that now, even if you paid me! I'm not working class, but I think 9 years ago more middle class people did this. Now they'd probably do something more exotic at 19, but I could be wrong.

Edit - Actually Roberto is right too, they may be receiving tax credits or something, or be in paid for accommodation. You're wrong there though Roberto, housing benefit (outside London) is capped at £300 a month PER PERSON, and that means if two layabouts live together they can get a £600 flat. Not bad at all really, or they could get a room in a shared house.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread