rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top Tips Thread!

Top Tips Thread!

The above tip comes from a chapter in Adam's recent book talking about systems versus goals.

Scott Adams thinks the key to success (in any field) is putting together a system which will help you to success. A good system will help you achieve success - in a number of different ways.

Whereas limiting yourself to goals is a bad way of thinking. He goes into more detail in the book. But the key gist is that having a good system will help you achieve your goals. On top of that - it won't specify what goals you are aiming for ahead of time. This is good because it is really hard to figure out what the best goals for you are. Since it depends on the opportunities that life throws your way in the future.

Goals are for losers. And systems are for winners. According to Adams. And he means it literally - since once you have achieved your goal, you have nothing left. But with a system - there is no 'end point' to aim for. It is a tool which is always of use.

Like if your goal was to pull more women. That is a bad way of thinking.

But if your system was to be more interesting, do more things and have more fun. That - in itself - would naturally throw up alot more opportunities to pull more women.

So - it is an interesting topic. And I could say alot more - it was certainly the part of the book which most jumped out at me.

Anyway - I just wanted to mention it here since Scott Adams recently did a blog post (on his excellent blog) where he talks a bit more about the concept.

http://www.dilbert.com/blog/entry/goals_vs_systems/

Messages In This Thread