rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Are Your Opinions On Approaches To Policing?

What Are Your Opinions On Approaches To Policing?

Cops in America tend to abuse their power. I grew up in a small town outside of Las Vegas with a population of only around 16,000, and the cops were straight up dickheads. They'd pull you over and harass you, asking where your pot was even if you didn't have any. They had nothing better to do so on weekends their main goal was to break up whichever high school party was going on. I have no respect for the cops in that town.

In Miami I saw a lot of racism with the police. I've written about this somewhere else, but I was at the beach with a group of black friends drinking (I actually wasn't drinking but there was no way for the cops to know that as I was standing up to go get my backpack when they approached us). We weren't being ignorant or really even doing anything wrong. This was Miami beach and half the other people on the beach were drinking too, usually this isn't something you get hassled for. Anyways, the cop asks for our ids and when I reach for mine the cop looks over and says, "I don't need your id." He then proceeded to look at all my black friends ids and then wrote then all tickets. He did nothing to me. Another time in Miami a friend of mine was assaulted at a stop light and a cop saw the fight go down. When he came and broke everything up and questioned everyone, he let the dude who assaulted my friend go, and I asked the cop, "so it's alright to just beat people up in south beach now?" The cop replied, "he said your friend cut him off." I couldn't believe it. I know the guy had to have been connected somehow because the whole thing just didn't make sense. There are countless cases of how I can point out the corruption in the Miami beach police department. They have/had a lot of heat on them in the past years.

The only cool cops I've come across have been cops in colorado. I remember years before pot became legal, I lit up a joint on Main Street, look up and see two cops standing there. I'm thinking, "oh shit I'm fucked. What an idiot." The cops just look at me, shook their heads, and let me walk right by, didn't even take my joint.

Overall I have very little respect for the police. That all being said, I always treat cops with respect when I've been caught doing something wrong. At least now I do. My mentality when I was younger was "fuck these pigs, they treat me like shit, I'll treat them like shit." Now my mentality is more, "fuck these pigs. But if you just play their game, it's going to be a lot easier for you." I realized that not arguing and being nice can get you a long way. I've talked my way out of a DUI before once I realized that arguing and talking back wasn't the right way to go about it.

For the most part, I say fuck the police unless they are actually doing something to help out the community. But I think a lot things they do spend and citations they write are bullshit. Sometimes, the cops are the biggest crooks of them all.

Messages In This Thread