rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

F.D.A. Moves to Ban Trans Fats

Have any of you considered that maybe the government is the cause of and not the solution to some of these problems? I posted in another thread about this sometime ago. Why are processed foods loaded full of trans fats so cheap? They're cheap because of the government subsidizing corn, soy, and wheat. If they weren't subsidized, the price of those primary staples of our diets would no longer be the cheapest options.

Look at what's happening right now with the US governments protectionism of US sugar makers. The government has caused a distortion of the market where sugar prices are artificially high, which in turn protects the high fructose corn syrup monopoly in processed foods and lets the sugar cane/beet growers gouge the consumers for raw sugar.

The amount of fresh fruit and vegetables the government keeps out of the market by either buying them up and dumping them or paying the farmers not to grow them in the first place to prop the price up so as to not compete with corn, soy, and wheat, you would be as anti-government as I am.

My point is, that if you take the government out of the equation, the healthier options in our diets will be the cheaper options by a long shot. The energy expended processing these foods combined with the lack of artificially high priced healthy options will guarantee our diets will change in no time.

tldr version: gov'ment = bad

Messages In This Thread