rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Must see documentary: National Geographic on alpha males

Must see documentary: National Geographic on alpha males

Quote: (10-16-2013 04:25 AM)Gemini Wrote:  

Great video and worth the 45 mins to watch it. Like they say, body language (and action) are the bulk of our communication, tone of voice comes second, and content is the least important.

To sum up the video:
*** SPOILER ALERT***
Alpha is...
1. Big - the bigger the more dominating, the more alpha
2. Dominating body language - firm handshake, eye contact, etc
3. Taking up space around you and claiming territory
4. Deep, strong voice
5. Going for what they want immediately (girl)
6. Calm under pressure (control the situation)
7. Take care of the group (create dependency of group on you)

If you're not alpha, you can "fake it till you make it" ... or try to at least. But like someone said above, once face to face with a genuine alpha, you will probably submit to him right away.

I think that the bolded is pretty dumb. Only pussies and retards would waste time "consoling" the girl when a rampaging gorilla was on the loose -- and only pussies would think "victory" entails shutting the door (half of which was a glass pane). Whether or not this gets the guy laid (it won't), supposing Billy Badass swaggered into the room with the severed gorilla's head, nobody (sane) would question this bloodstained alpha should he decide to drag the girl off and rape her in the woods.

It is interesting though that these documentarians consider fairly beta behavior (with respect to girls) to be "alpha". I guess the metric really is "in comparison to the group" - well shit, most groups just plain suck, anybody who moves first can be an alpha male.

In the same respect, the black dude who was the alpha male of the car repair group had some of the shittiest game I'd ever seen. Usually when you get guys that are too bold from the get-go, it's because they have absolutely no game to back up their seemingly enormous pretensions. He also had to show ownership over the men (gay) and flash off his six-pack in the photo (also gay). No game, none whatsoever.

Messages In This Thread