rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Preparing for a potential US debt default

Preparing for a potential US debt default

So October 17th is the day the USA will potentially default on interest payments on debt. A lot of people think it could never happen, but apparently a lot of people in Poland in late October 1939 felt that war would never happen.

As a doctor, I'm also used to approaching complex problems with 'Hope for the best, but assume the worst.'

The default, if it comes, will possibly cause another Lehman brothers-style meltdown.

My plan for dealing with a possible default:
- I'm keeping a significant amount of cash in reserve. I expect the stock market to crash following a default, so if that happens I'm going to rush in and buy stocks cheap. If the economy rebounds, I'll be a rich man.
- I'm going to build a small stockpile of essential goods this weekend so that I can survive a while should the purchasing power of my currency collapse.

Is anyone else on the forum making contingency plans for Oct 17th? Any bright ideas on how to profit/survive a potential worldwide economic shockwave?

Messages In This Thread