rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swiss to vote on 2,500 franc basic income for every adult

Swiss to vote on 2,500 franc basic income for every adult

Quote: (10-05-2013 10:38 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

And how on Earth would we pay for that?

245,000,000 x $2500 x 12 ~ 7.4 Trillion per year.

We seem to have no issues subsidizing bombs being dropped on 3rd world brown children...
We seem to have no issues subsidizing oil companies while they post record profits while trying to pass the buck for their environmental disasters...
We seem to have no issues subsidizing a for profit prison system full of non violent drug offenders...
We seem to have no issues subsidizing an apartheid state...
We seem to have no issues subsidizing farmers for not growing crops...

You also seem to have missed the part where I said people could opt out by paying into the system. Also your numbers are very misleading (inflated). You claim that 78% of the population would be subsidized when in reality it would probably be 25% at most. Also, the stipend would only cover food and basic housing which would be $1,500/mo on the high end. Most people on section 8 and food stamps get around $1,000/mo. I understand that you love your masters because you somehow think that you will become one of them someday. The fact of the matter is not everyone can make it to the top of the mountain. All I'm suggesting is that everybody should be eligible for the same benefits that the laziest in our society take advantage of, and that they should work for it by performing community service.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Messages In This Thread