rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Now must get Sober 'Yes' To Have Sex Or It's Rape

Now must get Sober 'Yes' To Have Sex Or It's Rape

I watched part of a trial once on those facts. It was scary, but an education.

Basic facts were: MBA student was in the city, away from his school doing a summer internship. Good looking guy. He's out one Friday night, ends up drinking at an upscale bar, meets this woman. They end up in a group, not sure whether it was his friends or her friends, or both. She was one of the regulars, they might have made some vague plans to meet the next week.

The next Friday, they meet again, drink at the same bar then move to another bar with a group of their friend. Testimony was she was all over him, kissing, lap-sitting, etc.

He took her outside, crossed the street, down an alley and banged her up against a wall.
Walked her up to the street and left her there, across the street from the bar with their friend. She freaks out, calls her girlfriend. Girlfriend apparently tells her "you've been raped," they go to a hospital.

The doctor testified. Now she looked like a hard-core feminist with frizzy hair, peasant skirt, but she saved the guy. Doctor said, woman was not upset, not too intoxicated, coherent, there was no physical trauma.

I knew the detective who was on the case. I went up to him and said, what kind of bullshit is this? He looked a little sheepish but said that she was too drunk to have given consent.

The jury came back with the Not Guilty pretty quickly, but the guy had been charged for over a year. Fortunately, he was out on bail.

The lesson learned was: don't be too much of a pump-and-dump cad. If he hadn't left her standing on the street, but had taken her back to the bar and another drink with their "friends," she would not have been embarrassed and freaked out.

Messages In This Thread