rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where are all the hot girls in American movies, tv, commercials, etc?

Where are all the hot girls in American movies, tv, commercials, etc?

I've been watching mexican television for Spanish immersion lately, and something that I've noticed is that you see extremely hot women on these shows in the position of anchor, or just for eye candy, and what's striking is the contrast it has with American media. There was some dorky monday morning news show that had a complete dime on there, and in telenovelas as well you see smoking hot women all over. I'm talking about girls that are extremely beautiful in every way. It's so refreshing.

Likewise, Eastern European television also shows hot girls. These cultures select the most attractive women and put them in prominent visual spots in the media, without apology, whereas in America you get the sense that these super hot girls are hidden out of sight. You almost never see them.

In American media, we rarely see dimes.

The problem is that the women that we do see aren't winning in characteristics aside from beauty (Rachel Maddow anyone?) It's like our culture just doesn't value beauty as much, and we're being forced to overvalue these average or slightly above average women.

In other societies it's completely acceptable to promote beautiful women simply for their beauty.

We used to have shows like Baywatch, but it seems like that stuff is a thing of the past. Now we have Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Miley, Nicki Minaj, etc etc.

It's funny, even actresses like Scarlet Johansson, who are usually considered total bomshells, look lastluster after you've watched enough foreign television. I rarely see a girl, especially a popular actress, pop singer, or even more minor roles, played by total bombshells. Girls that you would rate a 9/10. Go to a foreign network and you see them in greater numbers.

Messages In This Thread