rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Distancing yourself from family members

Distancing yourself from family members

I finally had a red pill break down with my mother and some of her friends. Long story short, I wrote this crazy red pill manifesto about why her problems exist, how her and her friends have never matured out of college, and told her that she gets 1 visit from me per year.

The intention of the letter wasn't to get them to change their ways. It was more of a way of getting back at them for the amount of BS I had to put up with growing up. Yeah we all know being rude isn't nice blah blah, but sometimes being a douchebag feels good and the savory taste of being brutally honest feels even better.

But for a long time, I realized I can't talk or be around my mom for extended periods of time without going insane. Everything about her is the antithesis of who I am as a person and the incessant victim hood kills me.

I've written them off and distanced myself. Thankfully, my father (divorced my mom) had a red pill awakening on his own and has come to the light. We've become closer and ironically he has learned game at 60. He regularly snags broads in their 30s and is game wise about a year or two away from me in terms of experience. I've come to really appreciate his company.

However, much to the dismay of her and a bunch of other supplicating pussies, "You need to strengthen your relationship with your mother and your middle brother!" I honestly don't see the need of entertaining people who add very little value to my life and detract from my ability to enjoy what i have. The attitudes and belief systems they have are so toxic.

I look at them and ask myself, "Would I be friends with these people if we weren't family?" The answer is a resounding no so I don't see the need of keeping them tuned into my life outside of a once a year visit.

Opinions on family once you're out of the house with your own job? Any tips on managing them?

Messages In This Thread