rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dublin? Ire land.

Dublin? Ire land.

Dublin

Land of limericks & leprechauns. Not part of the UK proper (currency here is the Euro, not Pound). Inventors of the Irish pub, and headquarters of Guinness brew.

I was there Tuesday - Thursday. I didn't stay the weekend, because it turns out I hate this city. Prefer to spend my valuable Fri/Sat in a place I may like more. Namely England.

"but you might have loved it if you stuck it out longer". Yes. I might also come to appreciate the shit tastic music of U2 if I could ever make it through a whole album. Or past Bonos face. At this point, I'm willing to forgo the possible benefits in the interest of moving on based on gut feeling.

Logistics:

Airfare via AirLingus (which sounds more dirty than it is) my cost was about $150 in from Glasgow Scotland, and $150 out to Manchester. You can get cheaper fares, but that's without a checked bag, and at off times. I stayed at a downtown Airbnb apartment for $48 per night, right in the middle of the action on South Great George's street.

Downtown Dubin:

Heavy usage of green colors and Celtic font, as one would expect.

More pubs per capita than I've seen anywhere else. Marvelously awful tasting food. Quite expensive for what you get. I ordered a pad thai from a trendy (I use the word trendy ironically in Dublin) thai resturant, where they served it with an ice cream cone on the side, with no ice cream.

The city smells bad. Almost as bad as New York City. Strong working class feel. Not many suits or much of a high end scene, but almost as much hustle & bustle around the main thoroughfares. People move fast in Dublin. If you aren't paying attention, they'll knock you to the side without as much of a word of apology.

Gambling houses everywhere. Diverse ethnicities. Many American & international visitors are here, as well as living & working. There is a small scale hipster scene, but they don't really care about art enough to make it work.

Cigarette & weed smoke is everywhere. Packs of men shooting the shit sipping Guinness. Older demographic. Very few early 20's people. The downtown average age looks about 40+.

The Women:

At night, almost no hb's in sight. The ones I did interact with had a strong masculine streak. Gruff. Cold. Not feminine. Direct. Minimal effort in their appearance. Jeans & flats. Many blowouts I don't care to relive. Some ice cold rejections. A few borderline hostile attitudes. Mostly regular conversations, but nothing that felt like strong sexual desire on either side.

High heels, dresses and hot pants are quite rare. During the day, women are moving quickly, in a big rush. Most seem to hate life. Too busy to be bothered attitudes from most of the day game approaches I made. The girls I met who were actually nice and/or feminine were not from Dublin, but from small towns outside the city.

The Dublin accent is cool sounding. I dig it. Unfortunately, no girls cared that I was American. Americans are very common in Dublin. Contrast to Scotland, where girls were usually quite curious once I opened my mouth. They were also orders of magnitude better looking and more feminine.

1 decent place I found for daytime was near Trinity College, along Grafton street. It's a college neighborhood, so it was respectable for spotting some hb's. Unfortunately, most seem to come with all the above mentioned shortcomings. And many prefer to dress like dudes.

The Men:

Testosterone fueled. Seems like many are on the nofap tip, or hitting the gym on the regular. Tall. Intimidating in both looks and attitude. Chiseled jaws, classic rugged look, but NO style. Track suit wearing. Foul language. Intense.

Dublin men have neither the subtle humor & charm of the Brits, nor the happy go lucky nature of the Scots or Aussies. They are above the rest of the UK in looks, but fall behind in the other attraction indicators. (special exception for Naughty Nomad...I salute him, and can see where his motivation to travel so far away comes from)

Security was busy busting up many arguments and near brawls each week night. They are fast to fight. I think I'd sooner fuck with a viking Icelander than an Irishman...but not before a Russian. I'd still fight a Russian dead last.

Bottom Line?

Ireland might be a nice country, but Dublin is a shit city for game. I would strongly suggest you check out any other city in Ireland before this one.

With 1 million people and a big university, there are some cuties to be found here and there. But the effort just is not there on part of the women. There are no dime pieces. Occasional 6's, and 7's. An 8 is *very* rare. 5's, and more likely below are the norm.

Love to slow roll fall down drunk pub scenes? Scotland has almost as many establishments, they drink more, the men are friendlier, and the girl quality is better in every way.

I almost forgot to mention the Temple Bar scene. It's marketed as the best night out in Dublin. My boots on the ground red pill take? Nothing more than an over priced tourist trap Pub strip the likes of which you can find better anywhere else in the world. Did I mention it features hundreds of people, and ZERO HB's? Yeah. Don't waste your time.

Messages In This Thread