rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

4 Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
Years on LCHF- Diet Datasheet.
I was going on a LCHF ( low carb,high fat) diet for about four years. I think not many guys here have done that so I want to share my experience and straighten up some question marks. Excuse me for writing, I'm not a native English speaker.

The Diet.

As the name goes you should minimize your carbohydrate intake or exclude them totally and you should and eat a lot of natural fats.
A basic rule is that you shouldn't eat anything that contains more carbohydrates than 5gr per 100gr of food,max 20gr carbs per day. This is very individual for everyone how much carbs your body can take without getting out of ketosis. Personally I always ate less than 10gr per day.
When your body is in ketosis it doesn't allow you any cheating. If you drink a soda or down a ice cream your body will get out of ketosis which means you have to start all over again. For me it takes about five days to get back in the ketosis again after cheating. This diet won't get you ripped,but you will definitely loose all the extra weight without loosing any muscles.

What to eat?
It's actually about going back to the primitive or the stone age before humans became farmers. Nothing strange or complicated, just plain natural, unprocessed food. No bullshit.
Everything that contains less than 5gr carbs per 100gr is a good rule to follow.

This is excellent food to eat:

All kinds of meat,fish, eggs,butter,nuts, cheese, and several other high quality dairy products. Vegetables that grows above the ground like cauliflower and cabbage. Berries like blueberries,raspberries and lingonberries is great food aswell.
Try to buy natural and unprocessed products and prepare them yourself. That will prevent you from eating unwelcomed ingredients that industrial food may contain.

What not to eat?
Sugar,potatoes,rice,bread,milk,pasta,fruits,candy, chips,ice cream..and all these other sugar filled crap food. Avoid industrial food as the plague.The same goes for margarines and other industrial fat.

Drinks?
Water,tea or coffee. Avoid all juices and sodas which are full of sugar!
Coke zero won't effect your weight or ketosis but I can't recommend anybody to drink that piss.
About alcoholic drinks you should stick to vodka,whisky or dry red wine which contains almost zero carbs. Beer is like drinking bread, avoid it.

For whom?
People who are suffering from overweight. This is probably the easiest way to loose weight, you can literally eat away your extra kg's without being hungry.
For people suffering from Diabetes type 2. My dad excluded all carbs and started to red meat and butter, in six days his blood sugar levels were normalised and he didn't need to inject insulin anymore as long as he stayed on LCHF.
For people who are aiming for a balanced and healthy lifestyle and overall well being.

The myth.
Even in 2013 a lot of doctors still claim that eating animal fats will cause heart diseases. However that's not true, it's a perception from the 1950's from a study in America which wasn't true from the beginning. But somehow this study became the guideline for animal fat fright all over the world which resulted in a massive sugar consumption that we all can see today. Humans have never been so fat and suffered from so many heart diseases like now. Several researches proves this and I can dig up sources if anybody demands it. Eating animal fats is never harmful for your body. Saying that animal fat and red meat causes heart diseases is like saying that the world is flat. Sugar is the real poison.

My own experience:
As a teenager I had 20kg overweight. It always bothered me so when I turned 19 I finally told myself that enough is enough. I lost 23 kg in about 3 months,but what I did was to literally starve myself thinner.I lost a lot of muscles but at that moment I didn't care because I was very happy of my weight loss. In the following years I always struggled to not gain weight again. I discovered that I had to remain hungry all the time to not gain any weight. This might sound anorectic but I wasn't really skinny. (190cm/88kg)

However, years passed and I kept on being hungry, I didn't want to become a fatass again. I got interested about nutrition and how different foods are effecting our bodies. I spent a lot of time reading on the web about different lifestyles and diets because I was convinced that I was doing something wrong. Later I found a Swedish article about LCHF and that got me interested from the first minute. I was allowed to eat the food I like the most and then loose some extra kilos on top of that! I thought what the hell, let's give it a try!

I only wanted to loose about 5kg but that wasn't my main goal. My goal was to find a balanced lifestyle which allowed me to eat healthy and tasty food without starving. I gave it a try and after one month of LCHF diet I was convinced that this lifestyle was the right one for me. I felt stronger and my body felt better than ever. I kept eating like this for more than four years. I tried to step out of it a few times, but I started to feel like shit so I decided to continue. The only exceptions were when I was travelling abroad. As soon as I stop travelling and roaming around I will get back into the same lifestyle again.

Pros and cons.

Pros:
- Never sick. I only had one small flu in a period of four years.
- Possible to enjoy a lot of tasty food.
- Overall well being, my body has never felt as strong and good before.
- Stable weight, no ups and downs.
- No hunger. I can't eat as much as I want until my stomach is satisfied without gaining a single kg.
- My blood and blood sugar levels couldn't be better.
- No desire of eating junkfood. My sweet tooth disappeared after the first week.
- Money. I only buy HQ products, not a single cent is spent on buying junk or beer.
- Dental hygiene. Your teeths will thank you for excluding all sugar, no caries.
- Productivity. Because of eating this kind of food I'm rarely hungry, usually I only eat one meal per day. Sometimes I forget to eat because I'm not often hungry and there is no sweetooth that's bothering me. I can focus on other stuff instead of food.
- My cooking skills skyrocketed. Since I only use 100% natural and unprocessed food I cook all the food myself. It's great fun and girls usually dig it.
- Sleep. I slept better and I didn't need as much sleep as before.
- Less alcohol. After a few weeks my body couldn't handle alcohol anymore. I used to have a very high tolerance level but after excluding carbs I got drunk as a skunk only after a few glasses of whisky or wine.
Less money spent on alcohol.

Cons.
- No beer. I used to be a great beer lover and this was maybe the hardest thing to stay away from.
- Annoying situations. When Friends and colleges invited me in to their place or to a party they had a hard time to accept that I refused to eat their cakes or drink their cocktails. Sometimes people get really offended when I say I'm fine with coffee or a glass of water.
- Going out with friends. This can be difficult also since steakhouses and seafood restaurants are basically the only places that serves decent food.
If my friends goes to a Indian place I will not order anything and sometimes they get offended by that. Well, it's theirs problem, not mine.
- Difficult while travelling. It's possible but it's a hassle to be on this diet when you're travelling. Especially in Asia where the food is high on carbs.
- Hangovers can be like nightmares.

All in all I recommend this to everybody who want to have a healthy and balanced lifestyle. One you start with LCHF you begin to feel so good so it's hard to go back to your old unhealthy eating habits.

Well,this is all I can think of right now.
Feel free to ask if there is anything you want to know.

Messages In This Thread