rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Hampshire Cop Tracks Down Lying Woman And Cans Her

New Hampshire Cop Tracks Down Lying Woman And Cans Her

Quote: (08-08-2013 04:31 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Is it just me that finds it really weird that the dude tracked someone down for such a minor offence? The girl deserved it for lying, but still, isn't that abuse of power or something?

I would take the opposite position.

In the U.S., if anything we see an abuse of police discretion.

If her dad really were dying and he gave her a ticket, wouldn't we say how fucked up that was?

So the guy used his discretion to give her a pass. He took her at her word.

Once he found out he was lying, he punished her for the crimes she should have been initially charged with. He didn't tack anything on.

I would love to live in a world where cops saw themselves as "keepers of the peace" rather than thugs in boots who want to squeeze every dime out of you.

If we want that sort of treatment from police, then we also have to be men and women of integrity. That means owning our mistakes. If you get caught speeding, take your ticket or at least don't lie about it.

I'm far from pro-cop but think he did the right thing - first by letter her walk and then later by not letting her escape her lies.

Messages In This Thread