rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teenage Cashier Bans Creepy Beta from Restaurant

Teenage Cashier Bans Creepy Beta from Restaurant

This was in the recent Date Lab thread, but deserves independent discussion. Should I be outraged that a minimum wage teenager has the power to ban anyone who makes her feel vaguely "uncomfortable" because she lacks social graces? Or should I be happy that I'm not a creepy weirdo, and sincere forthright guys like me get rewarded?

[Image: me.jpg?w=460]
My favorite restaurant nowadays, the Olney Panera Bread, banned me from their location. I had asked one of the cashiers for her number several weeks ago, but even after she politely declined, my friend and I frequently returned to eat there. We became friendly with the other employees, and we really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Thus, we came back a lot. We came here 3-4 times each week. This made up most of my social life for the summer, as pathetic as that sounds. In the end, the cashier felt uncomfortable with us because she saw us so frequently and misconstrued our visits as harassment. It was never my intention to be bothersome to anyone.

Most recently, a different cashier confided that the other cashier hated me, even though I always greeted her and asked how she was. Beyond a simple “hi, how are you?” I never acted disrespectfully. I treated her very kindly and avoided flirting with her. As of this blog post, I am over it all. I am relieved that the stress is behind me (It is indeed stressful to be banned from somewhere so close to your heart).

I asked Izzy for her number, and she said no. That was the issue. I disagree with calling that harassment.

Even though she turned me down, I moved on, and I continued to return to this Panera because my friend and I made a lot of new friends other than Izzy. Maybe you thought I just wanted to see Izzy, and I made her uncomfortable by frequenting this place a lot. Visiting Panera made up most of my social life for the summer, as pathetic as that sounds. In the end, the cashier felt uncomfortable with us because she saw us so frequently and misconstrued our visits as harassment. It was never my intention to be bothersome to anyone. I always greeted her and asked how she was. After a while, I stopped interacting with her because I discovered that she hated me. Beyond a simple "hi, how are you?" I never said anything else to her. I never acted disrespectfully. I treated her very kindly and avoided flirting with her.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/panera-bread-olney

Messages In This Thread