rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you won the lottery, how would you swoop lizards?

If you won the lottery, how would you swoop lizards?

If it were under the premise of winning the lottery, I'd follow some of the advice from this site:

http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/lottery-winners/

Quote:Quote:

Open a blind trust. Hire a tax attorney. Once you're a client, the lawyer is legally bound to maintain your confidentiality. Tell them you want to open a blind trust in order to claim the lottery prize as an anonymous trustee. Provide three photocopies of your ticket. All contact with the lottery commission will be made through your lawyer.

I'd file through a firm that could do this as well as handle the cash until I was able to get a foothold. Then scatter the financial management to several firms, for checks and balances.

Quote:Quote:

Move away. And not just out of town. We're talking out of state, possibly out of the country. You can't expect to keep a lid on your secret forever; information wants to be free. Maybe buy a modest house with a good alarm system in a gated community with a private security force. That ought to minimize the solicitors at your door. Also be sure to get an unlisted phone number.

In all seriousness, I'd stay under the radar. I've had a theory for years that it's far less headaches and just as profitable to be the man behind the man. Same concept applies to winning the lottery; once in the spotlight, the headaches and liabilities come with it. And I wouldn't want my family to be affected by the media bullshit. Out of sight, out of mind.

Messages In This Thread