rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bankers are the modern day mob: commodities edition

Bankers are the modern day mob: commodities edition

Quote: (07-21-2013 07:07 PM)pegador Wrote:  

I agree there are many bankers who are crooks, but to make an assumption on everyone based on the actions of a few, that's just stupid. I work in finance for a bank and while there are definitely a lot of assholes without ethics or concerns for others, there are also just as many people who really do noble things in finance for the betterment of society.

That goes for any profession... lawyers, doctors, salespeople. Not everyone is a crook out to screw over others.

Do you actually believe this? Are you talking about investment or commercial banking? I suppose at least commercial bankers can say they help people purchase homes and plans their finances.

But no one goes into investment banking for any reason except to make as much money as possible. In fact, if you worked in investment banking and made it known to your colleagues that your intentions were to do noble things for the betterment of society, you would almost assuredly become the laughingstock of the office.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread