rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Edward Snowden's Dad: Beta of the Year?

Edward Snowden's Dad: Beta of the Year?

It's a very feminine response. The father wants his son back with him, without stopping to consider whether that's likely to actually help his son. It sounds like love, but is actually a lot closer to solipsism. At base, the father is thinking of himself first and foremost. Expected from an emotional distraught mother, but it's very unbecoming of a father.

It's like a girl telling you to permanently leave your job and home to live with her. It sounds nice of her. But what happens when you have no way to support yourself? When she loses her attraction because you became unemployed or poor? Won't be her problem once she kicks you out.

Quote: (06-29-2013 05:06 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

If photos start to surface of him in clubs with sexy Russian women on his arm, dozens upon dozens of these CIA/NSA computer betas are going to start dreaming about following in Snowden's footsteps.

Haha.

The military industrial complex has this near infinite loop, where everyone follows orders or gets thrown out. In a sense, everyone is responsible but none individually so... except the President. The whole industry is people sucking up to the guy directly above. So if the highest guy sets a different tone, it reverberates throughout the entire complex. The whole complex rises and falls on the word of the President.

The President might get blow back, sure. But on this issue, if he changed course, he'd have the support of the Press and most leftists. You couldn't say that about say, the military's initiative to fight alleged sexual assault, or women in combat. Right now the left is divided between two views on the matter: civil libertarians and tribal zealots. The former want Obama to roll back government surveillance, while his tribal supporters back Obama whatever he does. The moment Obama changes, they change.

I'd be curious as the views of others, if they think it's different than I've described. That's just my working understanding of it.

Messages In This Thread