rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women Brag About Their Fat, Stretch Marks, & Age

Women Brag About Their Fat, Stretch Marks, & Age

Quote: (06-25-2013 12:34 AM)lurker Wrote:  

You know what? I'm all for fat shaming, but these women are on a site devoted to lifting, healthy diets, and change. Yeah, they're attempting to "take ownership" of their flaws, or, as I was forced to learn in my required ethnic studies bullshit class in college, "turn negative ascription into positive affirmation." But at least you get the sense reading through this that they're not pulling the Lindy West "acceptance" of their flaws as a means to avoid change. And that makes all the difference.

I'd very much like to agree with you, but I have a project for you. Get on OKCupid, put your height as 5'3" and put out pics showing you're bald and a bit chubby.

Then tell me how many of these "acceptance" types accept you in return. Last I read, a survey claimed American women believed a whopping 80 percent of men on OKC were unattractive. So "acceptance" is a one-way street: you have to accept them, while they get to reject you. And if you're lucky the rejection will only be private, not a public shaming.

Sorry if I repeat myself with this stuff, but this is a pet peeve. Paula Deen types demanding Brad Pitt has become a cliche because it's based on reality.

Messages In This Thread