rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Raw. Real. Rio. MaleDefined in Brazil

Raw. Real. Rio. MaleDefined in Brazil

Men,

Inspired by some of the recent epic travel threads that are equal part informative and equal part entertaining, I'm going to use this thread as my travel guide to Rio de Janeiro. I set off for Rio in less than two weeks, and while part of me is a bit apprehensive to hitting Rio right now in light of recent events going on, part of me is absolutely excited to be at ground zero of a city leading leading the charge into the 21st century; in a country that is wrestling with its own identity, a country that is rapidly changing, a country that seems explosively full of life and passion. I'll be in Rio for at least a month purely for leisure, before I fall off the radar in the Amazon for a couple of weeks.

The Setup

The common theme I notice about people who are getting everything out of their travel is having a centrally located apartment. As a result, I have followed this theme and picked up an apartment in Ipanema. 2 blocks from the beach, across the street from a popping wine bar, around the corner from a coffee shop with an extensive library and reading section. While the apartment stretches the budget, it's aesthetically pleasing and offers everything I want at my fingertips.

The income is flowing freely, and I have a couple of quick hitting business plays in my mind so I will be able to live my life exactly how I want while I'm there.

The Game

I've begun to pipeline very successfully in Rio. I'd say I have a look that crosses on Vin Diesel meets Scandanavia and from what I've read on this board, and the reception I've gotten from my pipelining, my look will play well there.

I started to learn Portuguese, but I became discouraged incorrectly making pronunciations, and seeing little progress for my efforts. Learning language has always been one thing very challenging for me, and despite relative fluency in Spanish and French it's always been easier for me to read and understand, rather than speak. While I'm down on myself for not grinding on the Portuguese a bit harder, I'm still very optimistic that Rio will be everything I hoped for.

As a result, my game will be focused on Brazilian English speakers, which is fine by me. Yes, it will limit my talent pool considerably but my game matches the type of game B-girls that speak English yearn for. My location, apartment, style, and travel experience can really play up the 'most interesting man in the world' game that most middle-upper class B-girls love.

I've carefully planned where in Ipanema my apartment is, and even though I haven't touched the ground yet I can already envision my first date routine in terms of venue jumps and where my apartment is located in relation to them. My day 1 plan consists of suiting up in some outstanding summer threads, throwing back some drinks, leaving fat tips and making friends with who I need to in those places.

To say I'll be hitting the ground running would be an understatement.

The Lifestyle

As I noted earlier, this trip is for pure leisure. I've worked hard for the past 10 months and a month in Rio, followed by a few weeks exploring deep in the Amazon is the fruit of my labor. I've got a few quick hitting hustle ideas, but by no means am I going to spoil my serenity by scrounging for cents.

My default lifestyle will be about improving my mind and body. A diet of surfing, dancing, lifting weights, reading, and writing is in strong order.

Rather than bang my way through Asia like I did last summer, I'd much rather bang my way through the first week, lock the best ones down and go from there. I'd rather not pay for Rio's ridiculously high cost of nightlife, to wake up with a whipping hangover and half the day wiped away.

The Concerns

I couldn't think of a more fascinating time to explore Brazil, and its cultural capital Rio. I don't go places to bang girls. I bang girls because my life is interesting. Regardless of what chapters are written in my life, one thing I know is that this next month in Rio is going to be interesting, and will certainly make for an interesting chapter in my life.

When I planned this trip, I wasn't aware that a new Pope, and Argentinean Pope, was going to Rio while I would be there. With an expected two million God fearing followers invading my city du jour, will I be able to play God game for some bangs? I'd like a chance at an Argentinean flag while this is going down.

When I planned this trip, I certainly wasn't expecting a cultural revolution. I have no clue how these protests will play into my experience of Rio, and Brazilian culture. How will I get nitty and gritty to play protest game if my preference is to be enjoying the finer things Rio has to offer?

When I planned this trip, I knew 2013 was the time to do Rio. I've always had a weird, if unexplained fascination with Brazil. Reports are coming fast and furious that Brazil is changing, and I fear that 2014 will be a bridge too far for Brazil. As a citizen of the world I am fascinated to take a front seat to a culture in flux. I want to eat, pray, love, surf, drink and fuck Brazil. If that means stepping out of my comfort zone to do it, then I am in and I want you all to experience it with me.

Messages In This Thread