rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lily Allen song about modern women

Lily Allen song about modern women

New Lily Allen song, everyone is saying it is a response to Robin Thicke. It's pretty catchy but filled with feminist phrases like "objectify" (don't most female pop stars objectify themselves when they're young and then criticize the industry when they're no longer desirable - I've noticed this theme), "glass ceiling", being called a "slut" for having multiple partners etc.

As expected, all the feminists are arguing between themselves whether she's feminist enough? Whether the video misrepresents black people, is it racist? Is Lily Allen a good feminist?...etc.

I don't actually mind her, really, she always comes across alright in interviews I've seen her in and she's had a kid early so I'm not hating on her too much. Ironically, it was probably the 'shadowy white men' who told her "Hey Lily, do a song about feminism, that's so hot right now".

Ironically, she fits the stereotype perfectly, rich white girl who is in the industry due to nepotism. Plus, she still tries to look as sexually available as possible on the cover of the single! #solidarityisforwhitewomen

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread