rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The NBA Thread

The NBA Thread

Alright, playoffs are around the corner. I'm a huge basketball fan. Let's talk basketball. What are your guys teams? What do you have to say about the season? Your predictions? I'm a Lakers fan and obviously extremely disappointed in how they've been playing. At the beginning of the season I thought they just needed to get in sync, but now the season is winding down and it still doesn't look like they know what they're doing. They are 0-7 with all of their starters playing together (Bryant, Gasol, Howard, World Peace, and Steve Nash). They were looking good for a while, but just when things are looking up, they start to blow it again. They are barely hanging on to the 8th seed. I would actually rather them come into the playoffs as 8th seed and play San Antonio over playing OKC in the 7th seed. I feel we have a better chance against San Antonio. They are a great team (Though a little boring to watch) but they have consistently choked in the playoffs year after year. I think what the Lakers really need to work on is their defense. It looks pathetic and it doesn't even make sense because we have some great defensive players. And WTF were we thinking picking up D'Antoni without even talking to Phil Jackson. D'Antoni is a schmuck in my opinion. I believe part of the reason our D sucks is because of him. How can a team have shitty D with MWP, Howard, and Gasol?

On the other hand, I'm not a Heat fan, but god damn, those guys are on fire. Living in Miami I couldn't stand them, especially because of their fair weather fans. But I'm actually rooting them on to break that 33 game winning streak the Lakers set 41 years ago. I predict the Heat to take the title again this year. They're unstoppable!

Messages In This Thread