rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Public Speaking

Public Speaking

Quote: (03-19-2013 05:27 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

^^ I actually disagree with gio.

The best solution is to force yourself into presentations where you must perform.

In stock terms toast masters is like trading a fake PA.
In game terms it's like trying to day game a ugly bitch.

You need to tackle the real fucking deal. Take a class where if you fuck up you get a bad grade.

Now don't take that advice to the super extreme and ruin your gpa or whatever, but the truth is giving a presentation when you already don't care because there are no consequences is NOT the same as a presentation when there are consequences.

Toastmasters is like practice. A presentation where your credibility is on the line is the real deal.

My suggestion if you don't want to take a class? Take up karaoke singing dead sober. Your irrational belief is again that people really are judging you when they don't care

Hahahaha!!!

You are right!

There was one problem with my suggestions..

NO PRESSURE!!!

My suggestions were too easy. If you fail, no one cares. They will just clap and support you and thank you for coming. That is too easy.

The OP needs to perform under pressure.

Pressure is what separates the good from the great. It just like in sports. Everyone is smooth in practice. Why? Because no one is watching...No pressure!

But, when the big lights come on and thousands of fans fill the arena and you see those ESPN cameras come on -- Thats when you know that your career is on the line -- Play well, and you become a star, play bad and your once in a lifetime opportunity could be over.

Practicing without pressure is a waste of time. You think you are making progress but its a false sense of progress. If you can't do it under intense pressure then you can not do it!

Westcoast,

If this guy went out day gaming with us for 3-4 hours and we guided him thru 10-12 approaches, how much better would his public speaking get???

I think it would get alot better.

The answer is not practice, the answer is high pressure practice!

Messages In This Thread