rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is medical school worth it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HEHEHEHEHEHE. HOHOHOHOHOHO.

sorry, i couldn't help myself.

Here is Nemencine's FIVE Easy Steps to help you decide:

step #1. read a book called "HOUSE OF GOD" by Samuel Shem(trust me, you wont be able to put it down until you've finished it.) It is absolutely riveting. That book will sober you up completely. Let me repeat that: that book will bloody sober your arse up completely. That is step #1.

Step #2: Head to medical forums with current and prospective medical students and read and ask questions. Actually, all your questions would have been answered in the archives. Trust me.

Step#3. Find a hospital nearby and talk to fresh med school grads in their residencies. Talk to 4th or 5th year residents too.

Step #4. Do some EMT volunteer work or volunteer work at a local clinic/hospital etc. To give you a taste.

Step #5. Grab a strong bottle of scotch and take a long, long, long walk and let everything marinate and ask yourself this: honestly, do i really want to fucking do this? why the bloody hell do i want this? are there alternatives?

Bro, you have to love the living shite out of the practice of medicine.

My problem is that, while i love pure, raw medical knowledge(actually, i love all scientific knowledge....from geology of Europa(jupiter's moon) to ischemic diffusion in brain pathophysiology....while I like raw medical knowledge....i absolutely hate the practice of medicine. .

Working in a hospital convinced me of that. the practice of medicine is not for me.

Hence, I made my decision not to go to medical school.

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread