rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Holiday leave in America?

Holiday leave in America?

I worked for this european company in america the last 3 years and I had 4 weeks off plus holidays. In actuality, you really couldn't ever take more than 2 weeks in a row off though without pissing people off. And only 2 weeks during the low work season around project schedules. When I ended up quitting I had 4 weeks accrued and wish I would've taken it instead of getting paid out.

I still took a month off between jobs to travel but I wished I could've stretched it more, just already had an offer I wanted to take. Now I get 3 weeks a year plus some public holidays, but I think it'd be hard to even take 2 weeks in a row outside of Christmas when the office is light.

A lot of newer companies and startups now are switching to an 'unlimited' vacation policy, where they don't record vacation. This is of course a scam because in reality it means a no vacation policy. You can take some vacation but when you travel or work remotely but you better be on email. I'm sure people actually end up taking less vacation at these companies.

Next time I quit I hope I take a real mini-retirement for a few months. While you work companies don't like you traveling and living for your own life but I think employers are starting to understand lapses between jobs if you say you were traveling and doing dope shit and have a good reference from your last position. At least where I am.

Messages In This Thread