rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stock Market 2013

Stock Market 2013

@ alphaspiraton

Not if you make enough money. I will admit that commissons and slippage will affect scalpers. then again, if you are making enough and it suits you, that is the least of your worries.

How much equity i have now? the amount i am willing to lose.

@numanist

With all due respect, i dont care whether jobs were "created" or not. I also dont care whether they are low-paying, part-time jobs. All that i care about is how the market react to the unemployment data. The rest is superfluous to me. That is why i am faintly amused by this thread on QE3 inflation or something. The only reality to me--the only question i ask myself: what are the actionable way for me to profit from these?

last nov/dec...i got into these stocks long: APOG, LL, AOS, MHK, HD. (i missed ED short because it didnt retest my short levels.)

my thesis? QE3 infinity + hurricane sandy + good company fundamentals + solid technical setup + outperforming sector/industry.

All of them did well...+30% gain to +80% gain....closed them all down last month when bernanke started talking about "tapering". I have had my run. That was how i played the QE3 infinity.

ED short was based on the explosion of their plants(consolidated edison) during hurricane sandy. That may sound machiavellian, but as i read about the hurricane sandy, i started looking for insurance companies to short...i started looking for power companies to short....lumber/housing development companies to go long...and i started looking for the company that made the red Blitz petrol cans. I was reading reports of long lines with "Blitz" petrol cans in shortage.

This is how my brain works with regards to finance. I dont care too much about the "truth" of one school vs another.

With all due respect, i dont belong to the Frankfurst school or to the Keynesian economists school. I belong to the one that makes me money....while it is making me money. I dumped her faster than a used-up slut the minute it stops making me money.

So, if and when stagnation did come(if it did), i will simply look into Japanese financial history, and ask myself, how do i transfer this to american economy and reap the financial rewards?

I have no control over economic policy...the only thing i can do is how i react to it....and the market may remain irrational longer than i can remain solvent. i simply play the hands that i am dealt.

The Housing bubble 2003 to 2007 wasnt real either...however, there were people who printed millions and ran away with it before it exploded. Same with the tech bubble...I sincerely dont care if it is a dog and pony show. i just dont. if gold is in play, i will be with gold...if it is auto and healthcare sector/industry, i will sleep with them.

Take a look at what i posted here yesterday about new zealand. China banned dairy imports from NZ.

Questions that ran through my mind:
#1. how does this affect the kiwi or ( NZDs) aka the new Zealand currency going forward?
#2. How does it affect, in the futures market, the price of milk/dairy?
#3. How does it affect the stocks of companies with heavy exposure to new zealand #1 export: dairy products.?
#4. How do i edge my bets?

these are the kind of things i personally care about.

regards,

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread