rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

Quote: (02-17-2013 09:11 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

I see. Thanks for explaining it.

I'm very interested in the software part you mentioned. Did you develop this software yourself? What were the implications? (Frameworks, languages, deadlines, etc.)

Yeah, I developed everything myself and it was a huge bottleneck in my business.

I would have made a lot more money, in the early stages, by getting someone else to build it to specifications.

No problems with deadlines since it was done by me, mainly developed in c# and just upgraded to .net 4 framework.

Honestly, I am not a great programmer. There is a ton more talented programmers out there. I am a better business man, but have enough skills to figure out what I need to do programming wise. I am still shocked at what I have accomplished. hah One of the things that got me high paid consulting gigs was my social skills. They had better programmers but most couldn't compete with me when talking to people. That has been a killer skill used in my own business.

I need to give up more control in order to scale the business more. It is almost a necessity now.

Messages In This Thread