rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The point you realized society was confused with the roles of males and females...

The point you realized society was confused with the roles of males and females...

I played hockey for a lot of years; A-AA but also sometimes house to keep my game sharp. House is basically entry-level hockey, first-year players and guys who can barely skate, no hitting, but I enjoyed it; considering my growth spurt (at 11 I was already 5'9) and skill (started skating at 3, playing organized at 5), I was scoring at will.

When I was 10 or 11 it was a house game and there were a few girls in the league. During a game, one of them slewfoot me right in front of the ref. If you don't know hockey, it's when you use your legs to kick another player's legs out from under them from behind, one of the dirtiest plays out there; guys in the NHL get 2-3 games for it. This girl, who did it in a no-contact league got no penalty.

Later in the game when she had the puck and was skating through the center of the ice, I jacked her with an open ice hit like Dion Phaneuf. I was booed, kicked out of the game and suspended from both of my leagues for a few games.

But the WORST part? I was ordered, basically forced, by the league's governing body to apologize to this girl...I take it no one understood what that kind of shit does to a kid, but no one cared; he rocked the boat, you hit a player? You get a penalty, but you hit a female player? 'You aren't supposed to hit girls, even though she should probably be playing in the girl's league anyways, but that's sexist! I don't care if you're just some scared shitless kid, we're cutting your barely-dropped balls off in front of everyone as an example!'

Quote: (02-14-2013 10:29 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

I think I'm different from a lot of guys on this forum. I think there's a large "women shouldn't be allowed to do this or that (serve as business executives, in government, as reporters)" view on this board.

In my experience, however, there is only a competent minority of individuals in either gender. Most people - both men AND women - are generally incompetent in most things (even parenting!), but especially when put in a position of some degree of leadership.

I'm much more of a misanthrope than a misogynist and as such I appreciate competent people regardless of whether they're a girl or not.

I think that a woman, provided she can do the job well, should be allowed to have any job she wants...however, I disagree with putting women in these positions to fill some 'gap' or 'quota'. Ten jobs are available in a company, they should go to the ten best people, not the eight best people and two people on account of them having a vagina.

Women work less hours than men, while taking more days off and can take considerable time off for pregnancies, that's why so few of them reach the top. If I ran a company and a high-responsibility, high-workload position opened up, I'm choosing the man for it 99 times out of 100, because I know I'm getting more value for my money. I want someone who will put in the hours rain or shine, in sickness and health, not someone who takes a week off because her boyfriend broke up with her, needs to work from home today because one of the kids is sick or can't come in because she's 'not feeling well' (hungover...and yes, I have seen all of these things more than once).

Messages In This Thread